How I Achieved Maximum Success with Energy

Important Components That Your Home Solar Power System Should Have

Solar panels Monterey households utilize can perfectly fill the gap left by any interruptions to the mains supply. These units draw power from the sun, and as such, you pay nothing for using them, reducing energy costs. Similarly, solar energy is safe for the ecosystem as the utility does not usually emit any green house gases. With solar power, the advantages to a household are difficult to exhaust, in particular when a configuration has all the essential elements as illustrated in this article:

1. The Panels

To turn sunlight into electricity that can power up a home, solar modules or panels rely on their photovoltaic cells. Such modules are the number one priority for the complete solar power setup, and how many of these you should buy depends on your overall power consumption as well as the intended duration of uptime. Therefore, begin with identifying the energy input specification (in watts) for every equipment for use with solar power, and work out the sum wattage for all the equipment to know how many panels are needed for your entire application. First thing is: know the wattage (in watts) for each device that’s intended for solar power, sum up the energy consumption for the said devices, and use the information to buy the right number of panels.

2. Battery Power Storage

Be sure to connect your solar power to a home battery backup system. You could buy one or more batteries for the system depending on the amount of energy you’ll be harnessing. Additionally, decide the number of batteries to buy and store power by assessing the time period a blackout may last within your neighborhood.

3. A DC-to-AC Inverter

You have to get a DC-to-AC power inverter and convert current supplied by your batteries, except for when the solar power is being used on DC lighting bulbs. The inversion system wastes as little as 5% of the energy output, but the remaining 95% is available for use. Be sure to note the efficiency specification for an inverter type for a guarantee that most of your solar-sourced power will be used on intended appliances.

4. Transfer Switch

Install a transfer switch to quickly transfer the input power from mains supply to your battery backup. For sure, you do not need interruptions to your enjoyment of TV or other appliances in case of a sudden blackout, so use a transfer switch with instantaneous operation.

5. Charging Control

Use a charge regulator to harness the maximum amount of energy possible from your solar panels. Confirm that the controller can automatically disengage when the batteries are full of charge, cutting the connection to solar panels. Thus, your batteries avoid the risk of overcharge damage, and no current leaks back to the solar source in case of dormant panels.

Such aforementioned parts perfectly complete your Monterey solar panels system setup to continuously provide environmentally-safe energy for your household’s enjoyment.

Why not learn more about Installation?

Valuable Lessons I’ve Learned About Batteries